Should water be coming out of Toto Drake Fill Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Crake

Reaction score
I just successfully installed a Toto Drake and attribute that to all the great advice I've been reading on this forum. I ruined the first wax ring by placing the toilet too far back but thanks to the advice I've read here I had a spare handy and didn't have to make a Home Depot run. I've done about 50 test flushes (I'm a bit paranoid, this is my first toilet install) and no water is ending up where it shouldn't.

My question has to do with the how the Toto Drake CST744S should be filling. It seems to flush and fill fine but when I look in the tank water is dripping out of the fill valve instead of all going down the overflow tube. I checked the other toilet in my house and this was not happening. I have attached a video which demonstrates what I'm trying to describe. Is this normal or do I have a defective fill valve?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
My question has to do with the how the Toto Drake CST744S should be filling. It seems to flush and fill fine but when I look in the tank water is dripping out of the fill valve instead of all going down the overflow tube. I checked the other toilet in my house and this was not happening. I have attached a video which demonstrates what I'm trying to describe. Is this normal or do I have a defective fill valve?
I saw nothing wrong. I saw nothing dripping. I watched your video twice.

Water comes out at a good rate down the overflow tube to refill the bowl. Shortly after the flush, the video ends. So any continued dripping does not show. Much water comes out of the left side of the picture to refill the tank. Where is the dripping? Maybe I missed it. A dripping symptom would normally be associated with after the flush, which your video does not show.

If your other toilet does something much different, it may be the other toilet that has a problem.

Crake

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Let me try be more specific. The dripping I am referring to is the water trickling down from the green cap on the left side while the tank is filling. It was my impression that all the water should be flowing down the overflow tube. After the tank stops filling everything is fine, no leaks or trickles anywhere.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Let me try be more specific. The dripping I am referring to is the water trickling down from the green cap on the left side while the tank is filling. It was my impression that all the water should be flowing down the overflow tube. After the tank stops filling everything is fine, no leaks or trickles anywhere.
The overflow tube is in the middle.

I see the water dribbling down the left side of the fill valve now. I see Terry had spotted what you are talking about. Good to know not to worry.

Crake

Reaction score
Thanks for putting me at ease. Good to know everything is working as it should.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks