Should I seal shower faucet between the escutcheon and the sleeve?

Users who are viewing this thread

gthawkster

Reaction score
I repaired a leaky Delta single handle faucet which had a foam seal in the inside of the escutcheon but also a foam ring (1-7/8 ID) that fit around the sleeve behind the escutcheon. This foam ring was damaged. I plan to run a caulking around the outside of the escutcheon but I was wondering if I need to seal between the escutcheon and the sleeve since the small foam ring is gone. Thanks for your help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not. But, then, I don't even remove the escutcheon since the valve is repairable without doing it. Sometimes getting the escutcheon bolts aligned is problem when the valve is set back into the wall almost at the maximum depth.

gthawkster

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. What keeps water from seeping in between the escutcheon and the metal sleeve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks