Shortest compact elongated? Anyone happy with the Happy D?

Users who are viewing this thread

adv_byday

Reaction score
What is the shortest compact elongated toilet you all know of?

My powder room is 51" from the wall behind the toilet to the wall in front of where the toilet will be, with a 12" rough in. I think code is 24" in front of the toilet, so that leaves me 26.5" to work with.

In previous discussions, I've seen that there are round tolets such as the Toto Dalton and the Drake CST743S that would fit, but I'd prefer an elongated if possible. Unfortunately, I've had no luck finding a 26.5" elongated except for the Eago TB351 (26 5/8") and Duravit 'Happy D' 17009 (650mm/25.6"). I had never heard of the Chinese-made Eago, but do know the Duravit is more popular in Europe.

Anyone have thoughts or advice on the Duravit, or another compact elongated alternative <=26.5" deep?

Herrada

Reaction score
I'ce been curious about the Duravit Happy D. close-coupled elongated toilet as well. The couple of inches that it might save are very beneficial in a small bath. But how does it work? Some comments on-line suggest the water use has gone from 1.6 gal to 1.28 gallons per flush. The Duravit website, however, is about the worst when it comes to supplying information about their products. No info on water usage, seat height, seat shape, standard rough-in distance, or installation requirements/procedure. On the other hand, a lot of their stuff looks great. But how does it work?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks