Shortening a braided water supply line (proprietary fitting on one end)

Users who are viewing this thread

PDXDIY

Reaction score
I have a Toto C200 washlet that has a proprietary inlet fitting. And the water supply line Toto provided is about 24" longer than I need. Toto does not offer an adaptor or even a shorter water supply line for purchase (just got off the phone with their tech support).

My question: can I cut the braided water supply line and place a new 3/8ths inch fitting on the shortened end?I've been googling how to compress a new fitting on to a water supply line with no luck.

Or can I take the too-long supply line to a local plumber/fabricator and have them provide the service?

PDXDIY

Reaction score
Forgot to attach pictures in case they help

Attachments

• overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 211
  • inlet.jpg
    inlet.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 190
  • hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 209

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Do not cut the line. If that blows off the end of the line while you are at work, you could be doing a lot of work to repair the damage.
It's pretty common to just make a circle with that.

thu468-06.jpg

PDXDIY

Reaction score
We went with a wall mounted toilet to "declutter" the bathroom and having a water supply line looped around itself a couple times goes against that. BUT the concern about a homegrown connection letting loose while we are away is very valid. I was hoping there was a sharkbite valve or pex crimp ring that would work with the braided supply line - sounds like there isn't a solution like that in the marketplace.

Thank you for the help on this!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd just do like Terry said , because I'm not going to hack into that line . But I can understand and agree its not a Clean looking install. I wouldn't be so sure that because Toto doesn't have a shorter one that it necessarily means no one does but I would do a bit more checking Knowing the sizes of the ends would help. But its also not worth a few hours of my time to do that and likely a customer isn't going to want to pay for my time. But you certainly could and might be happier than having a coil ziptied together. If you have luck let us know what you came up with

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks