Short cycling on two stations only

Users who are viewing this thread

S_hannon

Reaction score
Irrigation Question- I have deep water well. Sprinklers in front and back. Have old rain bird "clock" like timer with 7 stations. The sprinklers in the front yard come on and I can hear the well pump running. The sprinklers in the back come on and the well pump short cycles about every 8 seconds on and off. Had well guy come over today and adjusted the big spring in the pressure switch. All it did was increase pressure and busted my water hose. Still short cycling. When he left I adjusted it back to where it was. Any ideas what I should do next? It does have a blue pressure tank and 6 old valves with crazy wiring. Any advice is appreciated.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
For some reason this week I'm noticing a few post weeks or months old that were never answered.

You may already have this resolved but is the pump for irrigation only or is it tied to the house plumbing.. If it is tied to the house pressure tank, the tank needs to be checked that is has no leaks and it is not water logged. Increasing pressure would not help with short cycling but maybe increase damage to the pump motor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks