Shopping for a Polished Chrome Ceiling Shower Arm

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeekiM

Reaction score
I need an 8-inch chrome finished shower pipe to install my rain shower head from the ceiling...

Initially, I purchased one from the same plumbing supply house that I got the rain head from, and cost me $60.00. Kind of surprised me that an 8-inch length of pipe could cost so much... But yes, this isn't just rough plumbing...I get that... It's a polished and finished piece of decorative pipe...

I ended up doing some searching on Amazon, and found a similar item for less than half the price ($27.00).

Both claim to be made of solid brass... Both seem to have the same exterior quality appearance... The less expensive pipe has a narrow channel at one opening... Not sure if it will make a difference, but clearly the smaller opening will restrict water flow to some degree...

Here are some photos of the two pipes... What would you do? Do you think it makes a difference?

Note: The less expensive pipe is placed on top of the brown box... The more expensive one is on the white box...

EeR4rfn.jpg

mFfS7Ga.jpg

fAIa0d2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Those are pretty close to being the same, but not. I think you would be fine with either.

With so many staying home with Covid the last two years, and fixing up their homes, the manufacturers have been increasing their pricing, It's getting "interesting" out there.

MikeekiM

Reaction score
Those are pretty close to being the same, but not. I think you would be fine with either.

With so many staying home with Covid the last two years, and fixing up their homes, the manufacturers have been increasing their pricing, It's getting "interesting" out there.

Thanks Terry! I was mostly concerned whether the more narrow opening on the less expensive pipe would make any difference at all... It seems to get great reviews on Amazon though...

Also, I am remodeling both of my bathrooms and am having a hard time figuring out if "price" = "quality"...

The rain head that I bought cost me $260.00 from Isenberg Faucets... It's a 10" square shower head with a 16x16 nozzle pattern...

For kicks, I went online and found a similar one for a tenth of the price ($25.00)... It only has an 11x11 nozzle pattern, and maybe that makes a big difference... But the price spread of these fixtures is crazy!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks