Shop bathroom help

Users who are viewing this thread

Jared Jones

Reaction score
First time roughing in any plumbing EVER. Putting a small bathroom in a shop that is currently under construction. This is at my home out in the boonies, no code, etc. Just want to make sure this will work, the bathroom will rarely be used and never multiple fixtures running at the same time. The drain goes to a septic tank that was installed specifically for the shop. Pardon the poor sketch!

Attachments

• A9B6E299-6DC1-45C3-A47D-A70135483F1C.jpeg
    A9B6E299-6DC1-45C3-A47D-A70135483F1C.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 103

Jared Jones

Reaction score
So basically what you have is a 4” inlet to the septic, making a small 30 degree bend or so to get the line parallel to the wall, reducing down to 3”.. then offsetting up 12” or so so that I don’t have to bury everything so deep (the whole run will be shorter than 12’ overall), hitting a sanitary tee with a 2” kicked off for a utility sink, 3” continues on to a sanitary tee with a 3” kicked off to a toilet, 3” reduces to 2” and makes a horizontal 90 degree turn into a sanitary tee with a 2” vent out the top, 2” continues on into 2” p trap for shower. Everything is run horizontal in ground except for the stub ups (obviously) and the 45 degree offset down to the 4”. Hit me! And thanks a million.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Basically sound.

Change all your inground san-tees to combos. [Under the IPC, the shower vent takeoff could be a san-tee on its back, but if you have room, there's no reason not to use a combo.]

The shower vent takeoff is drawn backwards [if water backs up into the vent, you want it directed to drain to the septic.]

The WC drain is labeled 2" in the drawing, but you correctly call out 3" in your narrative.

The lav drain could be 1-1/2" if you like.

[Edit: you show the shower vent, but not the lav vent. The lav trap will need its own 1-1/2" vent, typically from a san-tee (not a combo) in the wall behind the lav.]

Cheers, Wayne

Jared Jones

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne! I will tie in a lav vent in the wall. I think I may have grabbed some combos but can’t remember. Could I also use a wye with a 45 into it to achieve the greater sweep? I know I have those fittings for sure.

My main concern was the toilet flushing correctly, and the 45 degree offset I have to bring everything up a foot or so. Luckily, this will be a lightly used shop bathroom and will never ever be inspected, so I’ve got a ton of leeway.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, combo = wye plus street 45 (or it may be a little more compact than that).

Cheers, wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looking good! a combo or a wye and a 45 essentialy the same though at times a wye and 45 gives you more adjustability can kind of fudge a little.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks