Shimming a Toto Soiree

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
After unpacking our new Toto Soiree, I noticed that the unit seemed to be sitting a little lopsided. After checking both the floor and the unit with a level, it seems that the floor it is temporarily sitting on is level, but the toilet is not. I have to shim it up on one side an 1/8" (2 nickels) to get the unit level . I've seen a number of posts addressing the need to shim a toilet due to the floor being out of level, but it surprised me to find that the toilet itself could be lopsided (and need leveling). Should I be concerned at all about this, or just shim (with the plastic/composite shims) at a few points along the side of the unit, caulk, and be done with it.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Much has been written on this forum about Toto's excellent quality control, but taking what you report as accurate, it would appear that there was a slip up in this case. I would take the toilet back and get another one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks