Shifting Bath Sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Salguod

Reaction score
I'm doing a master bath remodel and that involves shifting the 2 sinks left, one about 19.5" the other around 10".

This was my original plan (new pipes in orange). Move the inlets over and create angled connections back to the original drain & vent.

sink drain plan.jpg

But, I don't think I can get 45 degree slope on those angled pipes, only probably 30 degrees. Reading about the proper slope, it sounds like that could be problematic. Slope should either be 1/4"-1/2" to the foot or 45 degrees or more. In that case, would I be better off patching in a sanitary tee parallel with the wall and running a proper 1/4"-1/2" to the foot slope over to the new location with a 90 to bring it out of the wall? Like this:

Option 2.jpg

Or is there another, better way?

Thanks.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm no plumber but your second choice is far better. If that is a load bearing wall chopping up the studs for an angle could be an issue. Search on "stud shoe". These brackets reinforce studs that were cut or drilled beyond what code allows.

If you still have the old cabinet with sinks, get a measurement from the bottom of the sink to the floor level. Then check that your new cabinet and sinks to be sure there would be no problem with the height of the san-tee when wanting to connect the p traps. This forum gets a fair amount of questions when an open bottom vanity is installed and the drain is too low.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally we would use a santee and arm over with a 90. There was on condo project in Federal Way I worked on where the arm over turned out to be better than centering on what the plans were. The builder changed his mind on where the sink basin was going to be, with the arm, it was a simple adjustment putting where it needed to be.

lav_rough_1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks