Sharkbite or adapter to go from copper PEX barb to PEX tubing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Crittergitter65

Reaction score
Hi, i joined this group because I cannot find the answer to a question i have and figured a group of people would be better than one. lol
My neighbor wants me to replace a frost free hose bib for him and i thought no big deal, then i see that it's connected directly from hose bib to pex tubing with a clamp.
My question is do they make a Sharkbite or adapter that will fit on the 1/2 inch copper barb on one side and to the PEX tubing on the other?
It's a very tight space to work in and trying to find the easiest way .
Thanks in advance

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I guess the easiest way would be to sweat in a short section of copper to the new hose bib and use a Sharkbite to connect the PEX to the copper. Has to be at least if not more reliable than PEX and a hose clamp..

John

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you sure that is PEX rather than other poly? 1/2 inch PEX would be 5/8 OD. 3/4 inch PEX would be 7/8 inch.

I suspect that the yard hydrant purchased came with the barb. How does the product description describe that barb?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks