Sharing a brine tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

kozmic

Reaction score
I'm installing a nitrate filter and a new water softener. They both have a brine tank. Is there any reason I can't use the same one for both? It seems silly to have two tanks full of salt water, and I could really use the space.

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume that you can be sure that the cycles don't overlap by setting sufficiently different times? The cycles can run up to a couple hours if you do standard fill at the end of the cycle, and add maybe another 3? hours if you brine fill before the regeneration.

Do they both refill the same amount of brine? If not, the controllers would each need to be set to fill the tank before the regeneration, vs at the end of the regeneration.

I am not a pro.

kozmic

Reaction score
I am assuming that the controllers fill till the float stops it, and draws based on time. I could mount both of the float towers in one brine tank, and just put them at the same level.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am assuming that the controllers fill till the float stops it, and draws based on time. I could mount both of the float towers in one brine tank, and just put them at the same level.
Most systems don't do that. The float is a safety float to stop filling in a failure condition. Then during brine draw, the brine is drawn until the brine has been sucked down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks