Shallow well questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Wellmark

Reaction score
Hello new to forums and dont know much about wells. I am currently running 3/4hp well running 30/50 psi. It seems as dry seasons come and go certaing things will out work the pump till there's no water. My wife destroyed one using the washer. I was.just curious if there was a remedie to this situation or if the well itself is the problem. Anything helps thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
You want to use a monitor designed to detect the loss of water, and then to shut down pumping for an interval. It does this by monitoring the power. Cycle Sensor is one such device. http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/prod_sensor.html Pumptec and Pumpsaver Plus are others.

Last edited:

Wellmark

Reaction score
Ok so it senses when low on water and stops???. I have a cycle stop valve I have yet to put on.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, it senses the drop in amperage the motor draws when the pump sucks air. It then automatically shuts the pump off for an adjustable amount of time to allow the well to recover. It then automatically turns the pump back on. Once it is adjusted it is completely automatic.

With the cycle sensor you can also set the minimum run time for the pump. If the pressure tank gets waterlogged and short cycles the pump. It shuts the pump off automatically.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks