Shallow well pump problem

Users who are viewing this thread

TIM HICKEY

Reaction score
I am in the process of priming my well after a long winter. I have a 25 foot shallow well with a 3/4 horse pump and a 40 gallon pressure tank. The pump primes but doesn't fill the pressure tank or shut off. The pressure gauge, new this year, reads about 30 PSI. It does pump water then a faucet is open and it doesn't get hot even if it runs for an extended, five minutes or more, then no water is being used. When I turn the pump off it will maintain the 30 PSI until I open a faucet. It drains down to zero PSI but primes right back up when I turn the circuit back on. I have been priming this pump every year for the past 20 years. I replaced the sand point about 10 years ago and the pump about 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You could try cleaning out the jet with a wire.

Reach4

Reaction score
where is the jet on my myers pump
Single pipe to the well? If so, behind the plug right under where the big pipe connects to the pump.

Two pipes to the well? If so, down the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks