Shallow well pump for large pond use

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Perkins

Reaction score
i have an older goulds shallow well pump that is in my garage and is plumbed with a new foot valve. The intake is in my pond (not clogged). The output is connected to a garden hose. I use the pump to help aerate my pond. My problem us that there is little water pressure at the hose side so the water just shoots about 4 ft out into the pond. It is primed as water is flowing with no air sputtering. Do i need pressure tank? I run the pump maybe 5hrs a day with little effect. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
i have an older goulds shallow well pump that is in my garage and is plumbed with a new foot valve. The intake is in my pond (not clogged). The output is connected to a garden hose. I use the pump to help aerate my pond. My problem us that there is little water pressure at the hose side so the water just shoots about 4 ft out into the pond. It is primed as water is flowing with no air sputtering. Do i need pressure tank? I run the pump maybe 5hrs a day with little effect. Any advice would be appreciated.
Did the pump provide the pressure you want in the past? If so, try cleaning the jet with a wire.

See #4 of https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/bad-pump.27241/#post-187628

Michael Perkins

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1497884429692210760285.jpg
    1497884429692210760285.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 395

Michael Perkins

Reaction score
So this is.my pump system. I have no clue how well it worked in the past as i bought this place in the fall last year. So what just happened while i was taking a pic is rhw pump shut off by itsekf then tuened right back on. Now it is shooting water like 12ft out into the pond.

Michael Perkins

Reaction score
That will do!!! Thank you very much! I believe there might have been a contaminate in the nozzle that broke loose! Ill let ya know if there is a problem with it after this!

Michael Perkins

Reaction score
Ok so the water output through my waterhone with a jet head on the end stopped spitting out water. Apparently when tbe pymp shut off and then right back on again having great water pressure, it was because we had a power outage for a few seconds. I closed the hose nozzle, closed the hose cutoff/on wheel and let the pump run to see if it would create enough pressure to shut off the pump. No bueno! So now im stuck right where i was before. Gonna go prime the pump again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks