Shallow well not drawing water

Users who are viewing this thread

merlowe

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been working on this for quite a while. I live in central florida, my static water level is about 8 feet below grade. I started by washing down a 2 inch pvc with the intention of pulling it back out and dropping down a sand point. 2 inch pipe got stuck at 24 feet. Not wanting to lose all that pipe, I dropped a 3' steel drive point with 1 1/4 steel pipe down and use the 2" pvc as a casing. I'm down to 28 feet and I've decided to start trying to pull water. The well pipe has water in it. And it maintains a water level at near 8 feet below grade. When I attach a pitcher pump, the pipe draws down into a vacuum. If I pour water down the pipe, it slowly drains down to 8 feet below grade. I simply cannot pull up water. Not sure if I should keep driving down, or if I've gone too far and wasted all this material.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The screen is not in a water bearing formation. It is either too deep or too shallow. I would guess since the water level is at 8' that it is too deep. As you drive it down add water occasionally. When the water flows down easily, you are probably in the water bearing zone and do not need to go deeper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks