Shallow well jet pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob418

Reaction score
I can’t seem to find an answer for this question... I want to pump water out of a steam that is 100’ linear away from cabin and maybe 5’ lower - this setup has been served by previous owner’s installation , of which I am now changing . Is there an accepted equivalency of linear distance equally depth when sizing jet pump - can I use shallow well jet pump for this application ? Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A shallow well jet can draw water from as deep as 24' at sea level. Friction loss is all that matters in distance, and that can be made up for by using larger pipe. It is best to push water as a 100' suction line can be problematic. So the closer you get the pump to the stream the better. I would look for a pump that could do the lift and build up to 70 PSI max, so you could use a 40/60 pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks