Shallow Well help

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry Jones

Reaction score
I recently hand dug a shallow well to 25 feet. I initially wanted to install just a hand pump to water my garden. It worked great, however our garden has gotten big enough now the hand pump takes way to long to water the garden. The casing on the well is 1 3/4", and I can not find a pump the will work with that diameter. I don't know enough about well pumps, and need some advice at affordable options to get water from my well for my garden.

Reach4

Reaction score
The casing on the well is 1 3/4"
Tell us more about that dimension and the well. You dug the well with an excavator, or what?

Are you referring to the pipe sticking down the hole, or what?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tell us more about that dimension and the well. You dug the well with an excavator, or what?

Are you referring to the pipe sticking down the hole, or what?
the casing is the sleeve going down dirt would just cave in so wells are cased in pipe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks