Shallow Well Check valve on top of well point. Yes or no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tschmits

Reaction score
I have been accumulating all parts for a hand driven shallow well. I have a 1 1/4" well point, Simmons 1721 that has inside threads at the top where a 3/4" nipple can screw in. In speaking with a neighbor with a similar well, he is down 28 feet with 8 feet of water.
Everything I see on the internet state its impossible for a foot valve on a well point. One post I did see indicated using a check valve instead of a foot valve.

My question: Would it be a good idea to thread a small 3/4 nipple at the top of the well point and see if I can find a check valve that could fit inside the 1 1/4 in pipe? Or don't bother. Will it create more problems (restrict flow) ? Just go with a check valve at the top and leave the point alone? If only a 1/2 check valve would fit in the pipe would the small size create more issues that it would solve. Thank you in advance for any input.

Attachments

• innerthread well point.jpg
    innerthread well point.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 174
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks