Sewer Smell

Users who are viewing this thread

Peterl

Reaction score
I have sewer smell in bathroom. Only happens certain time. What is the reason why it happens certain time?

Reach4

Reaction score
Could be various things, but wind direction and speed could be a factor.

Are each of the fixtures used at least once per week?

Do you know which fixture the smell comes from? If not, cover each with a cheap thin plastic drop cloth. When a smell happens, smell under the plastic of each.

Peterl

Reaction score
Could be various things, but wind direction and speed could be a factor.

Are each of the fixtures used at least once per week?

Do you know which fixture the smell comes from? If not, cover each with a cheap thin plastic drop cloth. When a smell happens, smell under the plastic of each.

I am sure its our toilet in the hallway. I am just curious only happens at night 9 pm

Reach4

Reaction score
I am sure its our toilet in the hallway. I am just curious only happens at night 9 pm
Does that coincide with somebody's bath/shower?

Either way, note the level of the water in that toilet bowl. Slowly add a quart or two of water. Five minutes later, how does the level of the water in the bowl compare to what it was before you added water.

Peterl

Reaction score
Does that coincide with somebody's bath/shower?

Either way, note the level of the water in that toilet bowl. Slowly add a quart or two of water. Five minutes later, how does the level of the water in the bowl compare to what it was before you added water.

Doesnt coincide with any usage. Water level is normal.

Reach4

Reaction score
Doesnt coincide with any usage. Water level is normal.
Try the proposed test anyway. It is easy. Mark the water height with masking tape, or some other way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks