Resource icon

Sewer smell from washing machine

Users who are viewing this thread

pumpkinkat

Reaction score
pumpkinkat submitted a new resource:

Sewer smell from washing machine - LG lint trap stainer

Before anyone ditches their washing machine, take the time to look at the lint trap strainer if you have one. My LG washer has a door located on the front, bottom left. Watch some of the you tube videos on how to open door to remove the strainer and empty hose.

I decided as a last ditch effort to find were the sewer smell was emitted from. Surprise, I had found the issue. The strainer had a gooey substance on it and unleashed the foul smell. The hole in which...

Read more about this resource...

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Front load HE machines all have a "door boot seal" that can harbor mold behind the folds. It's the big rubber seal between the tub and wash drum. Take a paper towel and wipe down inside the folds if you can. Be careful not to cut yourself on the metal edges. If there still is a tinge of odor there are washing machine odor tables sold. Newer machines have a Clean Tub wash cycle. Drop in a tablet and do a clean wash cycle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks