Sewer line in a wooded area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hader

Reaction score
We are planning on instaling a new 200' sewer line. The line will go through an area that is crawling with Branch Roots. There are roots and shoots everywhere. The line in the photo is where the line will be.

Are there any precautions that we need to take? Our concern is roots getting inside the 4" PVC pipe.

Thank you.
Line.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Are there any precautions that we need to take? Our concern is roots getting inside the 4" PVC pipe.
Roots will not get into glued PVC pipe joints. Be careful of the connection to the city. I don't know about the non-glued. Maybe put some root-killing stuff around that? You might consider upgrading to schedule 40 solid (dual rated DWV and pressure) if you want better crush resistance. The common thin pipe with the bell ends which are glued are still going to stop roots.

Also, while running the pipe, put in outdoor cleanouts. I hope you don't actually need them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks