Sewer Cameras from Amazon or Home Depot?

Users who are viewing this thread

bombcar

Reaction score
The local plumbers say it's "too hard" to maneuver their 300 lb machines into my basement, or never show up.

I have Milwaukee's 100ft drum machine but a note on the wall says 118ft to the manhole. I have an additional drum on the way which will give me 150 ft reach (though Milwaukee doesn't recommend it) - but I want to see what's going on in there (roots, roots, and more roots I suspect, but I have an excavator to fix the foundation and want to know if I should replace the clay pipe at the same time).

I found this camera from Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/Inspection-Anysun-Waterproof-Industrial-Endoscope/dp/B087BCLBLL (and various other obviously all direct from China equivalents) at about $550 shipped.

Home Depot has something from a bit more of a brand name (FORBEST) for $700 shipped https://www.homedepot.com/p/FORBEST...pe-Inspection-Camera-FBPIC3188SD130/302621154

Since I'm not going to be doing this professionally going up to the Rigid or similar cameras at $3k+ don't seem worthwhile - has anyone had experience with either of those?

With Home Depot I'd probably have a bit of a better chance taking it back if it's an absolute piece of #$%#$ ...

Reaction score
From my experience Amazon tends to overcharge items, I guess for its convenience of delivering items under your door. Home Depot might be a better deal in terms of pricing. However, choosing a drain camera is a better idea by the brand. We are using rigid - it is top of the line.
https://draintoronto.ca/

PlumbNuts

SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
riverviewplumbingrepair.com
The local plumbers say it's "too hard" to maneuver their 300 lb machines into my basement, or never show up.

I have Milwaukee's 100ft drum machine but a note on the wall says 118ft to the manhole. I have an additional drum on the way which will give me 150 ft reach (though Milwaukee doesn't recommend it) - but I want to see what's going on in there (roots, roots, and more roots I suspect, but I have an excavator to fix the foundation and want to know if I should replace the clay pipe at the same time).

I found this camera from Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/Inspection-Anysun-Waterproof-Industrial-Endoscope/dp/B087BCLBLL (and various other obviously all direct from China equivalents) at about $550 shipped.

Home Depot has something from a bit more of a brand name (FORBEST) for $700 shipped https://www.homedepot.com/p/FORBEST...pe-Inspection-Camera-FBPIC3188SD130/302621154

Since I'm not going to be doing this professionally going up to the Rigid or similar cameras at $3k+ don't seem worthwhile - has anyone had experience with either of those?

With Home Depot I'd probably have a bit of a better chance taking it back if it's an absolute piece of #$%#$ ...

My camera has 200' on it and the monitor is in a seperate Pelican type case and both items weigh less than 50 pounds. they could easily be transported into your basement. I ordered it from a company in Texas.
It serves my needs and didn't break the bank.
I will get the name and add it later on after I go out to the shop.

Reach4

Reaction score
but I want to see what's going on in there (roots, roots, and more roots I suspect, but I have an excavator to fix the foundation and want to know if I should replace the clay pipe at the same time).
At a minimum, install an outside cleanout.

Most clay pipe, in the presence of trees, will fail. Replace with PVC as far as you can easily-enough.

If your sewers ever back up with other people's waste or flood waters, installing overhead sewers is the best. Rather than running piped under the basement ceiling, run around the house, and join in the yard.

Last edited:

Matticus

Reaction score
I've got a Rigid and two Envirosights. I really like the Envirosights but you won't get one with a locator for under $10k. Also, if you have clay pipe, just get the pipe lined! Clay is my absolute favorite pipe to line. It turns out so nice.

Lining in fairport (1).jpg

TonyaGilmore

Reaction score
The best option is to install overhead sewers if your sewers ever become clogged with other people's waste or floodwaters. Instead of running through the pipe under the basement ceiling, circle the house and join the yard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks