Sewager Ejector and Flexible PVC??

Users who are viewing this thread

Eddle6389

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of installing my new Flotec Sewage Ejector Pump. I have an odd angle where my discharge line from my pump ties into my main 4 inch drain line. The builder has a 4" to 2" plug in the cleanout and I am tying in to that point. I can force the 2" lines together, but I don't get a complete fit. Is this OK or can I use a section of flexible PVC to make this connection? The specs on the flex pipe say it is rated to 100psi, but I'm not sure if you can cement it to rigid PVC.

Question # 2 - How far should your vent pipe extend into your sump basin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

Any "odd" angle can be connected using the proper drain fittings. Flexible PVC can be joined to rigid as long as your cement specifies that it is for flex pvc. The vent does not extend into the pit. It starts at the cover and goes up from there.

Eddle6389

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. Would you recommend using flexible PVC for a pressure application or am I better off working with the standard PVC?

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pvc

I would use rigid PVC. The flexible material is thicker and the joints do not always handle pressure as well, but at your connection point pressure should not be a problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks