Sewage smell coming threw vents and electrical outlets

Users who are viewing this thread

TennerPenner

Reaction score
In my one bedroom and attached bathroom I have a horrid smell blowing threw the plugs on the walls as well as the vents. I can feel the air pushing threw and the smell is overwhelming. Certain random times the smell gets stronger and then subsides again. I have no idea where to begin with this. What can I do so I can use my bedroom again. Bathroom works well, no issues with the toilet or sink. It is shared wall with my neighbour (I live in a duplex) thought the smell was coming from him until i noticed the vents stank too.

Stuff

Reaction score
Is it better or worse after you shower/flush? Start in the basement and examine every drain pipe you see. Follow your nose. Could be as simple as the trap for a floor drain has dried out. Could also be a dead rodent in your ducts.

Reach4

Reaction score
You might ask the neighbors about what they smell.

How does the wind from the outlets correlated with the outside wind?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks