Sewage Line Cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Christopher Larson

Reaction score
First off, please excuse my ignorance... I have a backup problem and roto rooter wants to charge me 400 bucks to go in through my roof.... I figured I would at least try to snake my sewage myself but am having problems with the outside overflow cap, cant get it off.... I have a wrench and was able to move it slightly. It does screw off and not just pull off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Unscrews CCW. Get a bigger wrench.

I like my Milwaukee 48-22-7415.
milwaukee-adjustable-wrenches-48-22-7415-64_145.jpg
It opens to about 1-5/8 inches. Is that big enough?

If not big enough, a big groove joint pliers would be good.

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Over the decades I learned anything with the name "ROTO" run like hell

The plug looks like a lead "fits all " which is easy to remove by talking a ball pein hammer and gently hitting the Hex nut on the sides and this normally loosens it.

If worse comes to worse get an old screw driver and place it between the threads and again gentle tap the screw drive down and it should pop off

One has to wonder why any talented drain cleaner or plumber would want to work for a franchise rather than making a great living by working for themselves? IMHO

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks