Sewage Ejector Pit - Vent tie in

Users who are viewing this thread

awall2424

Reaction score
I built my home last year and had left the basement unfinished. I did the under slab plumbing myself - typical bathroom - shower, toilet with a 2” wet vent that will catch the vanity sink - tied in to an ejector pit. I had a plumber do the rest of the house, but he capped the basement vents at the joists as well as the ejector discharge and 2” ejector vent. I am finishing that bathroom and now realize the bath vent he dropped and capped is 1 1/2” and should have been 2”. My question, the ejector is about 8’ from the toilet, can that function as a vent? I assume no. My other option is tie my 2” vent coming from below slab into the ejector pit 2” vent going up through the roof, and use the 1 1/2” drop for my vanity sink. I’m in Ohio. I couldn’t find a definitive answer (or one that I followed) in some of the other threads. Thanks

awall2424

Reaction score
As far as the plumbing inspector is concerned, it’s finished. I paid for the bathroom in the permit and he signed it off - small county health dept. It’s also a 4” line, which I believe helps. That’s why I was curious if the ejector pit can be used as a vent, but I don’t believe it can be.

Reach4

Reaction score
I had misunderstood your question.

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
"tie my 2” vent coming from below slab into the ejector pit 2” vent going up through the roof"
As long as you tie the vents together above the flood rim of any fixtures, this would be a good choice (if I understand the layout).
When the pump kicks on, it wants to be running with no air resistance, even if all the drains are flowing full-on.

awall2424

Reaction score
It would tie in about 3’ above the flood rim of the basement fixtures only - so just the fixtures it is serving. The 2” ejector vent ties in near the roof line, where the 3” penetrates the roof.

What you are suggesting is what I assume is the best option, I just don’t want to have issues down the road.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks