Sewage Ejector not completely sealed

Users who are viewing this thread

CamKiyomi

Reaction score
Hey all! First post so go easy on me.

Just finished roughing in my house. I capped all my lines and went to throw 5 psi of air into the DWV system to check for leaks. Couldn't build any pressure at all so I started looking around. Shot a bunch of soapy water around my sewage ejector basin. It is leaking from the factory assembled collars that are bolted to the lid for discharge and vent. AS WELL as leaking from various spots around the lid and the section of the lid that is bolted on for the wire to pass through. I checked all 4 spots and they are all gasketed and TIGHT. Not sure if these basins are tested or isolated for inspection? Is this normal for these lids to do this? In my mind if it's leaking air at 5 psi, then my utility room will smell like poo for the rest of eternity...but maybe I'm wrong? Just want to get this sorted before I actually start sending poo into it LOL.

Link is for the basin I have installed.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I usually use plumbers putty or caulking under the lid even though there is a gasket to prevent the sewer fumes from escaping

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
thanks for the info! kind of annoying how a brand new "sealed" unit isn't sealed -_-
Thanks to jobs given to 3rd world countries what would anyone expect?

No longer is quality the number one priority today it is cheap pricing

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks