Sewage ejector discharge 1.5" to 2" conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

17tholtz

Reaction score
So I bought a new Zoeller sewage ejector pump that has a 2 inch output as well as a 2" Zoeller check valve. However the existing system was done using 1.5" pvc. I should have checked this before i bought the new pump.

So I am wondering, do I need to get a different pump?

Or can i put a 1.5" to 2" adaptor between the existing 1.5" ball valve and my new 2" check valve, then run 2" pvc to the new ejector pump?

I probably have 7 or 8 feet of lift required of this pump.

Also are there any possible issues with building codes with this setup (McHenry County, IL)?

Thanks for any help.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Every sewage ejector I have ever worked on had a 2" discharge. Some of the macerating pumps have 1.5" as they are grinding the solids prior to discharge.

17tholtz

Reaction score
Every sewage ejector I have ever worked on had a 2" discharge. Some of the macerating pumps have 1.5" as they are grinding the solids prior to discharge.

So I have realized a few things, long story short, my father who is helping me troubleshoot this refered to this as an ejector pit and I believe that I jumped to the conclusion that it was a sewage ejector pit and order a sewage pump with a 2" discharge.

I have cleaned out the pit with little or no foul smell, and pulled out what turns out to be an effluent pump with a 1.5" discharge. Also upon flushing toilets, I don't believe any sewage is running into it.

So I am left with my $300 Zoeller sewage pump. Install it with a 2" adaptor? Or attempt to return it already opened?

Installing it seems as easy as anything but I maybe wasted a bit of money buying a sewage pump instead of an effluent pump.

What do you think?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would try to return it, as you need a pump that is sized for the basin and potential inflow, and what you have will very likely short-cycle itself to death quite quickly compared to the proper pump..

17tholtz

Reaction score
I decided to follow your advice to return the sewage pump and get the proper pump. Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks