Sewage basin in existing pit

Users who are viewing this thread

wotkuni

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am working on putting in a basement bathroom, and am wondering on what to do with the sewage basin. I have an existing pit next to the sump pit, with a grinding pump. The pit is only about 2 feet deep so I know it needs to be deeper. The issue is there are 2 drain pipes going into it, one from a washtub where the bathroom will be, and one from a floor drain. You can see them in the picture below. (yes I know it is super grimy, sorry!) Will I have to dig up the concrete and mess with the floor drain and sink inlets to put in a proper basin? Or is there a way to just dig deep and get a basin in there while sealing the inlet pipes? Thanks in advance!

cV5HJEm.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks