Sewage basin in existing pit

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by wotkuni, May 11, 2020.

1. wotkuni

wotkuni New Member

Hello everyone. I am working on putting in a basement bathroom, and am wondering on what to do with the sewage basin. I have an existing pit next to the sump pit, with a grinding pump. The pit is only about 2 feet deep so I know it needs to be deeper. The issue is there are 2 drain pipes going into it, one from a washtub where the bathroom will be, and one from a floor drain. You can see them in the picture below. (yes I know it is super grimy, sorry!) Will I have to dig up the concrete and mess with the floor drain and sink inlets to put in a proper basin? Or is there a way to just dig deep and get a basin in there while sealing the inlet pipes? Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]