Sewage basin for deep pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

ButchNH

Reaction score
Hi- I really appreciate the people that take the time to post advice on this forum or others. Thank you to Terry for hosting the site. I installed a basement bathroom awhile back and installed my first sewage ejector. I used a pre-packaged unit from Little Giant. We are now doing a new addition and a proposed bathroom is located at
the far end of the addition and by the time the drain gets to the house it will be too low to drain into the existing sewer lines necessitating the use of another pump. The addition is ground level garage space with living space above. We have roughed in a 3 inch drain pipe that will run under the slab. By the time the pipe gets to the proposed location of the sewage basin the bottom of the pipe will be 23" from the top of the cement floor. It appears most basins have 24 inches or so under the inlet. I am unaware if their is a minimum distance required from the inlet pipe to the bottom of the basin. I'm trying to figure out the best solution to this situation. Risers or pouring a shelf in the floor to accommodate a standard basin or look for a 48 inch basin so I can keep the lid even with the poured floor. Thanks for your suggestions

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are asking if you should recess the shorter basin below floor level or if you should use a deeper basin and keep the top of the basin flush with the floor. I would use the taller basin.

ButchNH

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I've been looking around a bit online hoping to find a pre-assembled package like I did for our basement bathroom install. I can't find extensions for the Little giant system that we have been using and I've yet to find a package that has a 48" basin. I did find some Zoeller ones available at 36" with a 12" riser available. I'm satified with the operation of the Little Giant and liked that when we ordered it they supplied everything including the alarm and check valve.

Reach4

Reaction score
Zoeller is probably worth a significant premium.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks