Sewage Backwater Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Frank M

Reaction score
People in my town, due to Ida, asking about backflow valves. In my home I have a JR Smith 7150. You can't really rely on the plastic one-way flapper. It also has a spade-type manual gate valve turned by a wheel. You have to make the decision whether and when to shut down your waste discharge. I know there are others. Anyone have any experience with the expensive 4" Deringer 20X Double Check, or others you would recommend? https://backflowdirect.com/4in-deri...QkoiwzETk_6qBsRmZtHuCysYqaphwHIwaAmGxEALw_wcB

Actually I've been a member for a few years but couldn't log in & system would not send a password reset so created new account.

bfd-4020x-1_1.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
That is a water supply backflow device. not a drainage product at all.
There are plenty of cast iron backflow flapper type models out there.
For deeper installations, the Rectorseal 97206 plastic is very well designed.

Reach4

Reaction score
It also has a spade-type manual gate valve turned by a wheel. You have to make the decision whether and when to shut down your waste discharge.
Nice.
That picture you posted I don't think is for the purposes of isolating the house sewer from the public sewer.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I normally use a Jones Stevens back flow fitting. MUST BE ACCESSIBLE

jones-stephens-air-admittance-valves-b01-004-64_145.jpg

Chefwong

Reaction score
Since this seems to be the most recent thread on these said devices, there seems to be many post that infer that Mainline is far superior than the other models with closed doors.

IMO, whether it's open door or closed door, it should be a yearly or bi-yearly schedule to open up the unit and clean whatever bio-goop my occur. Anything can keep that door form doing it's job, and IMO, maintenance should not be suggested but required

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks