Set Rite Flange Extender Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Dachay

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here. :(

Old story... had a new bathroom floor installed, toilet flange is now too low. Bought the Set Rite kit to address thus issue. The old flange has a metal ring surrounding PVC. It has six holes in it (for securing to subfloor) plus two slots for the closet bolts. The yellow flange extender looks exactly like the existing flange, in the sense it also has six holes and two slots. My thinking was to remove the screws from existing flange, align the holes, and run the screws supplied with the kit though the flange extender, filler ring, gasket and the old flange screw holes.

It worked perfectly... except the slotted holes are not square to the wall. If I tried to turn the kit and use different holes, it would still be off (but in opposite direction).

I don't quite understand. Obviously the slotted holes do not align with existing flange, even though all the other ones do. Any ideas? Was I supposed to drill through existing flange, rather than use the existing holes?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks