Series/split: convert one bedroom to monoflo with TRV

Users who are viewing this thread

Justaguy01

Reaction score
Hi. I recently moved to a new house and with the heating season started we are experiencing too much heat in one bedroom to the point that occupant cannot sleep there even with fully closed enclosures. I made a full baseboard plan (attached), all pipes are in the basement ceiling and coming up through the floor to each room right into the baseboard and then leaving to the basement the same way.

Bedroom #2 is the troubled room. My question is, if i can convert that one room to monoflo-like system (option #1, with TRV valve after the supply split and diverter tee at the return split).

But i also saw that there is another work-around exists (option #2, with adding 1 size smaller bypass around the baseboard), both options are described in another attached drawing (sorry for the messy sketch).

I'm reading conflicting information here and there, some sources say that this would add too much resistance, mess up the flow and that eventually the circulator pump may overheat and die.

The goal is not only make the room colder, but give some sort of basic control of how much heat the room can receive with outside temp changing throughout the season, without spending ridiculous $$$ (i.e. making this room a separate loop with it's own thermostat & pump).

Kindly please help!

Attachments

• full-plan.jpg
    full-plan.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 118
  • bedroom2-options.jpg
    bedroom2-options.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 121
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks