Septic tank question and where is good septic tank forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockwind1

Reaction score
Was remodeling a bunk house I have for a single person renter but don't have any septic. For all the grey water I am doing a French drain for plant watering. I was going to put in a tank for solids and just have it pumped every 6 months. Anyone done this, is it feasible? Septic permits are back logged for 6 months in the area. Thought I could put in a 1500 gallon tank and eventually put in the leach field later.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
was remodeling a bunk house i have for a single person renter but don't have any septic. for all the grey water i am doing a french drain for plant watering. i was going to put in a tank for solids and just have it pumped every 6 months. anyone done this, is it feasible? septic permits are back logged for 6 months in the area. thought i could put in a 1500 gallon tank and eventually put in the leach field later.
I have done this for a factory. They wanted a place for truckers to use the restroom so they wouldn't have to walk from one end of the factory to the other, the only problem was all of the drainage was on the other side of the factory. So they installed a holding tank which was just a septic tank with the outlet plugged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks