Septic tank outlet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

mouserDIY

Reaction score
I have a septic tank that has not been used for some time. I opened up the lid and found there was no tee on either the inlet or outlet side. The inlet side seemed to be working okay, but the outlet side was filled with roots (see first photo). I was able to cut some of these away which improved the flow. (see second photo)

It is difficult to tell from the pictures, but the outlet pipe appears to be corrugated 3-4" drain pipe. Is that possible? My plan was to get the tank pumped, excavate the outlet side of the tank to inspect and likely replace the outlet pipe and add a tee with filter. Is there anything else I should do while I have the tank empty and the outlet excavated?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_074143.jpg
    IMG_20200428_074143.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20200428_080639.jpg
    IMG_20200428_080639.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 198
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks