Septic Tank inlet question

Users who are viewing this thread

dcf1999

Reaction score
Hello All!

In my septic, I have 2 lines that come in. One has a baffle and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't always backs up because, I believe, it doesn't have a baffle. Because the pipes are so close in the septic, I can't add a baffle to the line that's missing a baffle. Anyways, the bathroom that uses the line that backs up is used a lot and I cannot go out every month to mash the scum later to allow the pipe to drain. I'm thinking of abandoning one of the lines and just having one line in the septic with a baffle. I have attached 3 pics. Two pictures show the inside of the septic with the "situation" and the last is a drawing of the lines going to the septic and a couple proposed options I thought of. Last night I measured the elevations of both pipes and at different spots and it looks like I would have to use option B, but I'm worried if there would be too many "turns". Anyways, can someone please look at my situation and let me know if I'm on the right track or if there is a better option out there.

Thank you!
Dave
pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks