Septic System 23 Years Old (Never Used)

Users who are viewing this thread

KennyG

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a parcel of land that has a septic system installed and that was never used due to the person abandoning the job. The person who sold me the parcel had someone come out and inspect the tank and did some repair on it due to it being partially exposed. The inlet pipe was replaced.

The issues I see is the drain field. There was heavy blackberry growth over it and it looks like a young maple tree has grown as well. I will include pictures! The land was cleared so the blackberries you see is new growth, I will be clearing it again and placing tarps over the drain field so no more plants grow until I build the house in 2 years.

How badly damaged do you think the drain field received from all the plant growth? Especially the trees? I will be cutting the trees down and will not uproot the base because that would most certainly disturb the field.

h4h45.png

y45uh56h.png

20220713_154024.jpg

20220713_154043.jpg

20220713_154058.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks