Septic pump problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Pirwin21

Reaction score
Septic alarm started sounding Friday and I found a very full gray water tank. I believe it is the pump that has gone bad. I bypassed the pump float and the pump will run, but it does not have the force to push it up to our sand mound. I have also tried to do my best to rinse out the inlet on the pump and there doesn’t seem to be any obstructions. I guess the first question is, is there anything else I should check before scrapping the current pump? The second question is, the current pump is a 3/4 hp Goulds. None of the local plumbing houses had a 3/4 hp effluent pump on hand. I was, however, able to find a 3/4 hp sewage pump from Tractor Supply. It was substantially cheaper than the Goulds. Would this sewage pump be interchangeable with the effluent pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks