Separating Sta-Rite SNC-L Seal Plate from Pump Body

Users who are viewing this thread

Dixon

Reaction score
I'm disassembling an SN series pump for inspection/rebuild and the back plate is stuck to the pump housing. I've cleaned the flange, soaked the mating surfaces with PB Blaster, whacked the housing around the flange with a dead blow hammer, whacked the back plate flange with a ball peen hammer/bronze drift, heat gun, wedged screw drivers.. Everything short of a propane torch and dropping it from the roof top. No cigar.
Need help in NC.
Sincerely, Buster Knuckles.

Attachments

• SN Back Plate.jpg
    SN Back Plate.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 243
  • SN Crop.jpg
    SN Crop.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 250

Dixon

Reaction score
Thanks Valveman. Allowing it to sit overnight, and a couple of taps with a thin screwdriver easily freed it. The cast seal plate has alot of corrosion along the edge mating with the diffuser. Am I correct to think this would cause excessive clearance and degrade performance? Also I cannot find the SNC-L seal plate, N3-1043P (#3 in schematic) available online. Does anyone recommend a Sta-rite replacement parts site?

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000~2.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000~2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 226

Dixon

Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. The disassembly was educational and the knowledge may benefit me at some point, however I also learned a pump with any age likely isn't worth ordering replacement parts for. This is the second Sta-rite I've found in this condition and there is one more to go... probably same condition and strike three.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks