Seeking top quality multi-setting hand-held shower nozzle

Users who are viewing this thread

pmhlb

Reaction score
Hello,
Well, the subject line tells it all. My current showerhead is coming to the end of its life. I am looking to get a top quality multi-setting hand-held shower head (with a long hose)that can also be hooked up to be the main overhead shower. (Hope this makes sense!)

I live in Ottawa (Ontario), Canada, where there are lots of plumbing shops with advice. I would, however, rather have advice from those who have been-there/done-that and can recommend a great product from first-hand experience.
Thanks!
Paul

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
using the words "top quality" and "hand held shower" in the same sentence is almost an oxymoron. ALsons makes good ones, and if you can find one of the "rare" brass ones then you will probably have one of the best ones available.

pmhlb

Reaction score
I know that 'top quality' and 'hand-held' aren't necessarily go-togethers, but we LOVE the hand-held for getting at those not-so-easily-reached spots, and so are reluctant to give it up. I hear there are multi-function types or setups where there is more than one showerhead. Can't find much info, though.

I am not a DIYourselfer, so all advice (at any level) is welcome!

Paul

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I hear there are multi-function types or setups where there is more than one showerhead

Those are "original installation" systems, NOT a retrofit after the walls and tile are done.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The hand held shower itself, if made of good old solid brass would be pretty heavy, so the cheap looking (well, not really) plastic made ones that resemble metal is the one I bought it was not really cheap, but my wife picked it out, the Delta Intuition Lahara model. works well, comes with a lifetime function and finish warranty. The pros here may or may not call it a piece of junk, but it suits us just fine. And no, we did not buy it because of that TV commercial where they are washing off the painted on football uniforms with this model. I bought the whole package with a new cotrol valve and tub spout, but the hand held part may be sold seperately. It has controls that allow the hand held or stationary sprayer or both or pause.
We bought ours at home cheapo. In the past, we have found Delta to provide excellent customer service in getting us replacement parts if needed. American Standard has also been very helpful when needed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4ufAwdCao

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks