Seeking recommendations on a quality portable water transfer pump

Users who are viewing this thread

PIxr

Reaction score
Seeking recommendations on a quality portable water transfer pump.

Primary use case would be to flush tankless out water system. I had a pump from Harbor freight a Drummond pump which worked but seems to break pretty easily and when I look online the majority of the portable pumps appear to be the exact same pump just rebranded with other names and colors.

Looking a pump that will do most needs from flushing the tankless hot water heater two general household movement of water. Prefer a non-submersible version that is electric — one that will last.

thank you for any input much appreciated.

PIxr

Reaction score
My comments are not based on experience.

I am thinking Little Giant 360K or 370
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/Little-Giant-555112-Product-Overview.pdf

Since 360 and 360S weigh less, I suspect they are more lightly built.

——

My comments are not based on experience.

I am thinking Little Giant 360K or 370
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/Little-Giant-555112-Product-Overview.pdf

Since 360 and 360S weigh less, I suspect they are more lightly built.

——
Good case in point has the Little Giant looks identical to the Drummond just burned out. If I had to guess you have two lock nuts on the back of motor, which if you release you can slide the back of the motor housing off. There is a handle with one screw the opposite end another screw on the front of the motor disconnect those and you can spin the chrome around. Move the four screws on the front plate and the seal gasket and you have a propeller if you’re very disassembled you can remove the motor rod and Ruthie propeller from the rod.

See, this is where I doubt the Little Giant nor Drummond nor the other companies that sell this exact same pump make it and it’s white labels and created by another company.

Mind you, I have had other little giant different pumps (ie laundy tub) and technical support has been excellent as well as their pumps.

Reach4

Reaction score
370.jpg
Good case in point has the Little Giant looks identical to the Drummond just burned out.
How could that be?
1. They are made the same in the same factory with a different label.
2. HF told their designer to make a knockoff pump that looks like the Little Giant.

Which is it? I don't know. If you dry the water out of the Drummond, how much does that weigh? That said, I don't know if the weights on the Little Giant brochure include packing.

Are the GHT threads on the Drummond metal or metal-plated plastic? If metal, is it plated brass, stainless, or zinc?

I note that some of the Little Giant pumps come with extra impellers.

The 370 is not totally identical... Place A has inside threads. C does not.
B is a screw it appears. D is something in a square recess. I did not check the others to see if any match the Drummond.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks