Seek help finding a user-friendly handyman forum (which works)

Users who are viewing this thread

Minni

Reaction score
Uh, can anyone here advise why its so hard to find a working handyman forum? I tried signing up to handymanwire forums, because a rod on my vintage folding shopping cart broke and i was seeking input on the matter. (That's if they actually enable multiple image attachments, which i've yet to find out.) As for Home Depot, they're useless. If your issue is unique, nobody "home" forgive the pun.

I registered on handymanwire, but I never received a confirmation email. They don't have a contact form to communicate glitches, but rather one of those links which forces you to use Outlook or yahoo or google.
(see demo attached)

So i tried entering my Gmail sign-in, but then encountered yet another obstacle. I.E. it stated that MSN might get access to my [Gmail] data. So I cancelled, as it was getting too complicated merely to tell them that I never received a confirmation email enabling me to use their forum!

Does anyone know the direct email address of handymanwire? Or alternatively do you know a user-friendly handyman forum which doesn't resort to the attached contact method? What's with these sites that don't offer either a direct contact form or direct email address?

add_account.jpg
broken_side01.JPG

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Judging without really being able to see it you need to find a local shop that tig welds. They should be able to stick that back on there fairly quickly and might not even charge.

You'll get some burn mark on the chrome and won't be able to repair that it'll clean up to the base metal though and should be mostly hidden.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Another option is to join Facebook groups. I'm not a fan of them particularly but they're easy to join.

John

Minni

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't think there's a welder in this area. Today I sorta experimented (which took a toll on my arthritic fingers) and I used steel-core clothesline, combined with a "scotch tee hinge" (both of which I had on hand) and rigged up a brace. Dr.Seuss would have loved what it looks like now, and it remains to be seen if my work will have been in vain. I don't even have a normal cutting shears. I once bought a wire cutter, as i was informed it cuts wire, but it's useless on steel-core clothesline. Instead I used something whose blades are crooked like this: https://www.bladehq.com/item--831741-Leatherman-Raptor--23654... But the problem is that the blades aren't sharp anymore. So it took forever until the clothesline finally got cut, and the resulting frayed edge has sharp ends.

Examples of what I used:

P.S. Webmaster, you can close this thread once the respondents read this, because in any case, as per my accompanying post, i've not been getting eNotified of responses to posts, nor are they in my Spam folder, so its awkward keeping track.

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Call a local plumber and ask them if they can braze using a SSF -6 bronze rod or use a steel coat hanger and fusion weld it

SSF-6 brazing rod produces electrically conductive, corrosion-resistant, leak tight joints. This same technique can be used to join a variety of metals: steel, cast iron, copper, silver, bronze, brass, stainless and more.

Minni

Reaction score
Sylvan, interesting! :) I PM'd you a reply, due to eNotification issues
Update: I just now discovered eNotification doesn't work via PM either.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks