Securing vent stack

Users who are viewing this thread

ScrewItUpYourself

Reaction score
I have a utility sink in my basement that sits along a concrete wall with a footer. Since I can't run the vent stack within or directly against the wall, I ran the P-trap sideways with the vent stack running a few inches (about a hand's width) off the wall along the side of the sink.

My question is what is considered the most professional-looking way to secure this. My understanding is that the PVC needs to be supported every four feet per UPC Table 313.3. I was thinking of maybe securing some sort of L-bracket to the wall with tapcons and strapping the pipe to that. Just not sure what kind of hardware I should get. Any pictures of similar installations or links to hardware examples would be appreciated.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks