Securing a Grohe rough-in box (retrofit)

Users who are viewing this thread

cjr

Reaction score
The time has come for a proper mixing valve in our shower. Have a look at this snapshot - do I dare put screws into this shower wall to mount the box, or do I need to jury-rig something on the back side of it? (Grohe's Universal Rough-in Box seems to be designed for mounting to either the front face or the rear, not top or bottom.)

Of course, there is a smitty plate in our future too...

Thanks all.

IMG-5433.jpg

Bob Y.

Reaction score
The time has come for a proper mixing valve in our shower. Have a look at this snapshot - do I dare put screws into this shower wall to mount the box, or do I need to jury-rig something on the back side of it? (Grohe's Universal Rough-in Box seems to be designed for mounting to either the front face or the rear, not top or bottom.)

Thanks all.

View attachment 59566

Hello,

Please use wall mollies and copper or plastic

Thanks all.

View attachment 59566

Bob Y.

Reaction score
Hello,

Please use wall mollies and copper or plastic U-clamps around the hot and cold water pipes, two clamps per pipe. This should hold the pipes in place.

Bob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks