Second story remodel adding bar sink

Users who are viewing this thread

jacob147

Reaction score
I am remodeling my second floor into a game room/bar. Right now there is no plumbing to the second floor and I am wanting to put in a sink for my bar. The location in which I want to put it sets directly above my washing machine. Is there a way to tie into the existing plumbing for the washer on the first floor.

I know I can run the water lines up, but the drain is more my question.

It is not possible to vent thru the roof and the washer as it is uses a "in the wall vent"

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

Last edited by a moderator:

jacob147

Reaction score
The vent is is the wall about 3 foot above the drain then stops with one of the in wall vents on top.

The drain itself goes under the slab and ties into the main line with the kitchen sink somewhere underneath the concrete.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

You CAN use that drain but it will involve more than just a tee and a piece of pipe. The washer drain WILL need its VENT extended up ABOVE the bar sink, in addition to the new drain line for the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks