Second Floor Plumbing Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

dailey

Reaction score
I have a cape cod style home and the second floor was left unfinished. There is a 3" drain pipe and water lines ran up through a wall on the first floor so I can install a bathroom on the second floor (will tie into vent system behind knee wall or add new if needed).

The problem I'm seeing is the lack of vertical space being able to install the proper fittings. I'd like to move the bathroom roughly 12' from where it currently comes up through the first floor to the second. I have pulled up the subfloor and see that the second floor joist are 2x10s so I only have 9.25" of space between drywall of first floor ceiling and subfloor. Am I just crazy or how am I supposed to be able to run a 90deg fitting to go horizontal, then another 90deg or something similar to get vertical for the toilet fitting/flange, all within that 9.25"??

I was planning to install, in order from vertical drain line, toilet, sink, then shower. I think I'll have a little more space with the sink and shower drain lines as I'll be stepping down pvc size accordingly, so mostly worried about how I go from vertical to horizontal, back to vertical properly to be able to install. Any special fittings I'm not considering? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks