Sears well-pump centrifugal switch help!

Users who are viewing this thread

cptmorph

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been doing some extensive research on the internet about my well pump and I stumbled across this site. Hopefully this community can help me!

I have a Sears Hydro-Glass well pump that has stopped working. I removed the motor casing off the rear of the pump and it appears the centrifugal switch (it has two springs that fling the switch forward) that turns the motor on and off is broken.

Where can I get one of these switches? is it even possible? I looked on sears.com with my model number and they only replace the whole motor assembly - if I have to do that I will probably just go ahead and buy a whole new pump.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think your best chance is to find a model number for the motor (maybe by a real motor manufacturer) and then try to find a switch for that motor.

The alternative would be to take the pump to a motor repair shop and see if they can fix it. The problem is that parts and labor might be more than the pump is worth.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks