Searching for the elusive bowl....

Users who are viewing this thread

Donn2390

Reaction score
Hello, I am a big Toto fan, thanks to being a constant viewer of this excellent site. I recently installed my seventh Toto, and I tell all who ask, "If you don't have a Toto, you don't have a toilet" Yes, I have been properly brainwashed, to my great delight. I'm far from a pro, just a guy with too many kids with too many houses.
I installed a couple of Drake Eco 2-piece 1.28 GPF Single Flush Elongated Toilet in Cotton, Model # CST744EL01 a few months back and unfortunately, after having new flooring installed, it was discovered the flooring guy cracked the bowl on one of them.
Now that the bowl must be replaced, the lady of the home would like to go back with a round bowl, to allow more room in the small bathroom. I can't tell for sure which bowl I need by reading the catalog and I don't want to order the wrong one.
My question is, Which bowl will work with my existing tank so that I don't need to replace the entire unit?
After using the ADA, comfort height, I can't go back, so I need the part number of of the same bowl I now have, but with round front. Please help me resolve the mystery so that I might get my daughter and wife off of my back..
Thanks in advance for any help you may provide....
Signed,
Married with children.....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Round bowl only, C743E
Elongated bowl only, C744E
ADA bowl only, C744EL

These work with either a:
ST743E tank, 1.28 gallons
ST743S tank, 1.60 gallons

Donn2390

Reaction score
Round bowl only, C743E
Elongated bowl only, C744E
ADA bowl only, C744EL

These work with either a:
ST743E tank, 1.28 gallons
ST743S tank, 1.60 gallons
Thank you for your quick reply,
Looks like the ladies have a decision to make, they either forgo the round bowl, or forgo the ADA height..
C743E, round doesn't list comfort height
C744EL ADA doesn't come in round
After reviewing the specs on the bowls you listed, it looks like if I want to stay with comfort height
I have to get an elongated bowl. Not what they wanted to hear, but I now have my answer.
No wonder I has so much trouble finding in the catalog, it doesn't exist~...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Entrada CST243EF comes in comfort and round.
F = 16-1/8" high
L = 16-1/2" high
Also the TOTO Drake II, CST453CEFG comes in round and comfort.

These have their own tanks though.

cst453-terrylove-1.jpg

cst453-terrylove-2.jpg

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score
The TOTO Entrada CST243EF comes in comfort and round.
F = 16-1/8" high
L = 16-1/2" high

These have their own tanks though.
OK, it looks like the Estrada is less expensive of the two options. I'm not familiar with that one at all, is it as good as the Eco drake and will I be just as happy with it? I will present the facts and see which way the ladies wish to go.
Thank you again

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score

Is the C453CUFG bowl new? Or have I had a brain cramp for the last 5 years? One concern, of course: it's the 1.0gpf bowl, so the water spot is going to be smaller. (I see that the 454 comes with the U bowl now, so I guess they've given up on the larger water spot generally.)

I am also surprised to see that they offer a non-G bowl on the 454. (Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot that Ebony is always offered without G.)

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The non-II models wash the bowl from holes under the rim...the II style bowl does not actually have a rim, and the bowl wash water comes out of two holes nearly horizontally, and swirls around the bowl on the way down. IT provides better bowl washing and fewer nooks and crannies for crud to accumulate since there is no rim.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks