Searching for a 14" toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Boatguy

Reaction score
Hello,
looking for some advice on my toilet search. I’m replacing a toilet in a first floor bath (concrete slab) thats installed with a 14“ offset. House was built back in 1965. My challenge is the bathroom door swings with a 28” clearance between the back wall and front of toilet bowl. Current door hits as it’s 30.5” and actually a 12” offset toilet that was installed when we bought the house. I’ve searched and can’t seem to find a combination that works. Plenty of room in the bathroom otherwise.

very much appreciate any advice!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can check this link here for discussion on 14" roughs.

Many round front toilets that fit a 12" rough are 26.5" long, normally 29" from the wall to the end of the bowl.

Options for a 14" rough normally means elongated, 28.25" long and with an adapter can be pulled back 2" closer to the wall.
Normally 29" to the end of the bowl, but sitting closer to the wall by 2"

Either way it's going to be a close fit with the door swing.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you don't find a toilet that fits nicely, consider changing the door to open out rather than open into the bathroom.

Boatguy

Reaction score
You can check this link here for discussion on 14" roughs.

Many round front toilets that fit a 12" rough are 26.5" long, normally 29" from the wall to the end of the bowl.

Options for a 14" rough normally means elongated, 28.25" long and with an adapter can be pulled back 2" closer to the wall.
Normally 29" to the end of the bowl, but sitting closer to the wall by 2"

Either way it's going to be a close fit with the door swing.
Thanks for the info, will look into that now. Going to be close regardless

Boatguy

Reaction score
If you don't find a toilet that fits nicely, consider changing the door to open out rather than open into the bathroom.
I would but it’s just inside the garage and a heavily traveled hall way. Thanks for the reply

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks