Sealing 3" Rodding access Threaded Connections

Users who are viewing this thread

invisible-man

Reaction score
Hi, just trying to find out what method you use to seal 3" rodding access threaded connections (with square end) within a drain set up, not sure if PTFE tape is ok or not......

Ones I have looked at seam to be a threading compound, I was just concerned that if a compound was the correct method would this be really hard to undo?

Many thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cleanout

Not sure what you mean by "square end" unless you are referring to the top of a screwed plug. If it is a threaded connection, then any sealer suitable for your material is a proper.

invisible-man

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "square end" unless you are referring to the top of a screwed plug. If it is a threaded connection, then any sealer suitable for your material is a proper.

Yes the square end is the top of the screwed plug (where the wrench would go).......so are you saying that I can use ptfe tape or thread compound

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks